Policy statement and request for consent for the processing of personal data
Disclosure document pursuant to and for the purposes of Art. 13 of Italian Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003
In compliance with Italian Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003, (Testo Unico Privacy), we herewith provide the necessary information regarding the purposes and methods of the processing of your personal data as collected via the www.triennale.org website, the scope of dissemination of said data, and the nature of the data in our possession and their submission. This document, which concerns the personal data protection policies of Fondazione La Triennale di Milano, describes the procedures for the processing of personal data of users and visitors to the site.
This disclosure of information for users of the services provided by our site is pursuant to Art. 13 of Italian Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003. The statement does not apply to other websites that may be accessed via our links, for which Fondazione La Triennale di Milano is in no way responsible. The information given below is based on Recommendation no. 2/2001 of the European Data Protection Working Party regarding the protection of personal data adopted on 17 May 2001 pursuant to Art. 29 of Directive 95/46/EC, concerning in particular the collection of personal data over the Internet and is indicates the minimum measures to be taken against those concerned to ensure the fairness and legality of such practices (in compliance with Articles 6, 7, 10 and 11 of Directive 95/46/EC).
TYPE AND NATURE OF DATA PROCESSED
PURPOSE OF THE DATA PROCESSING, WHERE REQUIRED, FOR WHICH YOU GRANT PERMISSION (Art. 23, Italian Leg. Dec. 196/2003)
a) Management of personal data (first name, surname, e-mail address, telephone number and address, etc..) voluntarily provided by you, concerning:
– Registration on, or request sent to the www.triennale.org site to receive newsletters, information, technical assistance, news of events and exhibitions, promotional communications for similar services, and in order to be contacted by the Fondazione La Triennale di Milano through mailing lists for data processing in accordance with Art. 130 para. 4 of the Italian Privacy Consolidation Act (Testo Unico Privacy);
– Requests for information concerning the services of Fondazione La Triennale di Milano;
– Acquisition of preliminary data for the conclusion of a contract, provision of services and commercial offers;
– Business/accounting activities.
b) Management of personal data (first name, surname, e-mail address, telephone number and address, etc..) voluntarily provided by you, concerning:
– Use of data for promotional initiatives, and so that you can be contacted by the Fondazione La Triennale di Milano via the mailing list address that you have given, for the promotion of services similar to those used;
c) Management of personal data (first name, surname, e-mail address, telephone number and address, etc..) voluntarily provided by you, concerning:
– Use of data for promotional activities and so that you can be contacted by Fondazione La Triennale di Milano using your phone number to send text messages or MMS to promote events and exhibitions;
d) Management of personal data (first name, surname, e-mail address, telephone number and address, etc..) voluntarily provided by you, concerning:
– The provision of information and/or offers of products, services or initiatives offered or promoted by business partners, without this resulting in the transfer of personal data to third parties.
e) Management of data processing of your identity card or passport, provided voluntarily by you, concerning:
– Authorization to browse the web free of charge using the WiFi network at La Triennale di Milano
METHOD OF DATA PROCESSING – CONSERVATION
Data processing will be carried out automatically and/or manually, using methods and instruments that ensure maximum security and confidentiality, by persons authorized to do so in compliance with the requirements of Arts. 31 ff., Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/03. The data will be kept for a period not exceeding the purposes for which the data were collected and subsequently processed and/or to the extent provided for by specific measures issued by the data protection supervisor, if applicable.
AREA OF COMMUNICATION AND CIRCULATION
Your data will not be disclosed – except upon explicit authorisation through appropriate channels and except for the nickname used by you to access the community services – but may be given to companies contractually linked to Fondazione La Triennale di Milano in other countries within the European Union, in accordance with and within the limits of Art. 42 of Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/2003. Personal data may be transferred abroad to countries outside the EU, within the scope and within the limits imposed by Art. 43 and Art. 44 letter b) of Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/2003, for the purposes referred to in section a), in order to comply with requests for information about events and exhibitions. The data may be disclosed to third parties in the following categories:
– Subjects that provide services for the management information system used by Fondazione La Triennale di Milano and telecommunications networks (including e-mail and Internet site providers);
– Service companies for the acquisition, registration and processing of data from documents, or from supports supplied and created by users, concerning mass operations related to payments, bills, cheques and other securities;
– Providers of assistance to users;
– Professionals, offices or companies providing assistance and advice;
– Subjects that carry out inspections, auditing and certification of the activities performed by Fondazione La Triennale di Milano;
– Persons delegated by Fondazione La Triennale di Milano;
– Companies with contractual agreements with the data controller to send promotional material.
Subjects belonging to the above categories perform the functions of data controllers, or act independently as data controllers in their own right. The list of any such staff is constantly updated and available at the offices of Fondazione La Triennale di Milano. Any further communication and circulation of your data will be subject to your explicit consent.
NATURE OF ASSIGNMENT AND CONSENT
The submission of data and consent to their use for the purposes of a) is mandatory. Failing this, Fondazione La Triennale di Milano will be unable to complete the registration on the website or request and it will be unable to provide the services. The provision of data for other purposes is optional.
The data controller also informs you that any failure to communicate, or incorrect communication of the mandatory information (marked with an asterisk *) will have as its main consequence the fact it will be unable to provide registration on the site and the services it offers.
Should you deny your consent for the purposes illustrated in items b), c), d), and e) above, there will be no negative consequences concerning the ability of Fondazione La Triennale di Milano to provide the services requested or to complete registration or the request made on this site, but only the inability to process data for the purposes described therein.
Cookies are files or pieces of information that are stored on the hard drive of your computer (files sent by the site server to the user’s browser) when you visit the site. Session cookies are used to improve the analysis of traffic on the Internet and make it easier for you to access services offered by the site.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If you do not wish to accept cookies, you can set your computer to refuse them or to alert you when cookies are being stored.
During normal operation, the computer systems and software procedures used to operate this website acquire some personal data, the transmission of which is required by the communication protocols used on the Internet.
This information is not collected in order to be associated with particular individuals, but through processing and associations with data held by third parties, they might by their very nature allow users to be identified.
This category of data includes IP addresses and the domain names of computers used by users who connect to the site, URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response of the server (successful, error, etc..) and other parameters relating to your operating system and computer environment.
These data are used for the sole purpose of obtaining anonymous statistical information about use of the site and to ensure it is operating correctly. This information is deleted immediately after processing.
These data might be used to ascertain responsibility in the case of computer crimes against our site: except in such cases, data concerning web contacts are generally not stored for more than seven days.
Data provided by you on a voluntary basis: the optional, explicit and voluntary sending of e-mail messages to the addresses listed on this site involves by its very nature the acquisition of the sender’s address, which is required in order to respond to the requests, as well as any other data that may be included in the message.
Specific summary or analytical information can be found on the web pages concerning individual services offered on request.
We encourage our users not to include in their requests for services or information the names or other personal data concerning third parties unless absolutely necessary. Imaginary names are much more fitting for such purposes.
To ensure that our service is complete, our site contains links to other websites. The fact that Fondazione La Triennale di Milano provides these links does not imply endorsement of the sites, for the quality, content and graphics of which Fondazione La Triennale di Milano declines all responsibility. Fondazione La Triennale di Milano is not responsible for any information obtained by you from linked sites. The completeness and accuracy of the information provided by such sites is the responsibility of the owners of the sites and access to them is subject to their own conditions. Fondazione La Triennale di Milano offers no assurances concerning the software that may be present on external sites and cannot vouch for the quality, download safety, or safety and compatibility with the systems you are using.
Art. 7. Right to access personal data and other rights
1. You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being held, regardless of whether or not they have already been recorded, and communication of such data in intelligible form.
2. You have the right to be informed: a) of the source of the personal data; b) of the purposes and methods of the processing; c) of the logic applied to the processing, if the latter is carried out with the help of electronic means; d) of the identification data concerning data controller, data processors and the representative designated as per section 5, para. 2; e) of the entities or categories of entity to whom the personal data may be communicated and who may have access to said data in their capacity as designated representatives in the State’s territory, data processors or persons in charge of the processing.
3. You have the right to obtain: a) updating, rectification or, if you are interested therein, integration of the data; b) erasure, anonymisation or blocking of data that have been processed unlawfully, including data whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which they have been collected or subsequently processed; c) certification that the operations as per letters a) and b) have been notified, as also related to their content, to those to whom the data were communicated or circulated, unless this requirement proves impossible or involves a manifestly disproportionate effort compared with the right that is to be protected.
4. You have the right to object, in whole or in part: a) on legitimate grounds, to the processing of personal data concerning you, even though they are relevant to the purpose of the collection; b) to the processing of personal data concerning you, where it is carried out for the purpose of sending advertising materials or direct selling or for the purposes of market or advertising surveys.
Personal data provided will be stored on this web platform and at Fondazione La Triennale di Milano.
Fondazione La Triennale di Milano
Viale Alemagna 6 20121 Milan – Italy
15 December 2011